Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions apply to the use of the Chocolate Boutique website. By placing an order with us, you are agreeing to accept these terms and conditions.
Please note, these terms and conditions can potentially change at any time, and it is up to you to check these terms and conditions regularly before ordering products in case there are any changes. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set out below, you should not use or access this website.
If you have any queries relating to our terms and conditions, please contact the Customer Service team before placing an order.
• General Information
• Your responsibilities if you break these Conditions
• Special offers
• Cancelling an Order/Returns Procedure
• Contract cancellation
• Refund & Exchange policy
• Pricing Policy
• Statutory rights
- You must be eighteen years old or older to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use this site with the agreement of, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use this site.
- You warrant that all details you provide to chocolateboutique.me.uk for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication. During the registration process, you must choose a username and password. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and must only purchase from chocolateboutique.me.uk under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If you think someone else might know it, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Chocolate Boutique Ltd as soon as possible.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught deliberately entering an incorrect or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Chocolate Boutique Ltd reserve the right to end our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the site immediately and without notice to you if:-
- You fail to make payment to us when due.
- You breach any of our terms and conditions.
- When requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable time frame, enough information to let us to check the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity.
- We suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have way of being involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on this website.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IF YOU BREAK THESE CONDITIONS
You agree that if you break these Conditions, or any liabilities are incurred arising out of your use of this website, you will be responsible for the costs and expenses that we or our directors, employees, agents and suppliers incur as a result of the breach, including reasonable legal fees (if applicable). You will remain liable if someone else uses your shopping account and/or personal information unless you can prove that such use was fraudulent.
- When placing an order, you agree that any and all information given is accurate and complete.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability.
- Once you have placed your order, paid for your order through our secure server you will receive an order reference number. On receipt of your order we will ensure that your order is dealt with as quickly as possible, if we are unable to provide the goods or have an issue with delivery, size, stock or colour, we will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your order.
- All prices listed on chocolateboutique.me.uk are correct at the time of entering the information, however, we reserve the right to change prices of any product at any time.
- All prices include sales tax
- No contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and chocolateboutique.me.uk until we accept your order by dispatching the product to you. When this happens we will confirm the acceptance by sending you an email.
- This confirmation email will be sent to the email address given in your order form and will detail products ordered, payment method, cost (including VAT and P&P) and usual delivery times.
- You must check all the details on this confirmation email are correct and contact us as soon as possible if any details are incorrect.
- If your order has not been accepted, you will receive an email from us telling you the reasons why.
- Discount vouchers and offers cannot be used on sale products.
- Any date or period for delivery will be considered as approximate, although it is our policy to try to fulfill standard delivery orders within 5 working days and next day deliveries on the specified day. We cannot be held responsible for delays in the delivery caused by our suppliers, or any other third party.
- Goods will be sent to the delivery address given by you in your order. If you are ordering more than one item, your goods may be sent to you in instalments if certain items are out of stock.
- If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may have to pay import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. You must meet any additional charges for customs clearance. Please note, customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information.
- Please note international shipments may be subject to cross-border inspections by customs authorities.
- Prices quoted are based on UK delivery. For non-UK deliveries local tax will apply and the price may be adjusted at check out.
- Chocolateboutique.me.uk accept most major credit/debit cards:
- All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Chocolate Boutique Gift vouchers can be used to purchase to the value of the voucher any of Chocolate Boutiques products sold online or instore. The vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. No refunds will be given on gift vouchers and no change given for difference of purchase value.
You will be required to inspect goods within a reasonable time after their receipt and you will be deemed to have accepted the goods unless you notify us that you want to return your order by sending the goods back to us within 14 days from dispatch date. If no such action is taken, we will consider the goods being as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for their purpose, and may not accept any rejection or cancellation at a later date. Your statutory customer rights are not affected.
Special offers are given from time to time on products, these items are available while stocks last and both the full retail price and the offer price will be shown. We also may issue exclusive discount codes to customers, only one of these discount codes can be used at a time. Any discounts, offers or online promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
CANCELLING AN ORDER/RETURNS PROCEDURE
If you haven’t submitted an order, you may clear the items in your shopping basket at any time by clicking the ‘Remove’ button next to the product you do not wish to purchase in you shopping basket.
If you have placed an order but then wish to change or cancel it, please contact us as soon as you can. We will try our best to make any changes but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so as the order may already have been processed. In such cases, you may have to wait until you receive the order and then follow the normal Returns procedures. You will find more information about this on our Returns Policy.
Once we’ve heard from you that you wish to cancel an order, any sum debited to us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to that credit or debit account within 30 days of your order, provided the goods you return are in the same condition that they were when delivered to you. You will be liable to any charges incurred when returning the goods to chocolateboutique.me.uk, unless the return is as a result of an error on our side.
If you are in the European Union and you cancel your order within seven days after the day you get your goods, and you cancel the whole order, we will refund the standard postage and packing costs you paid as part of that order (if any), in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations. If you paid for premium or express delivery, we will only refund the cost of standard delivery. You will have to pay the costs of sending the order back to us. We will not refund any postage and packing charges if you cancel after the seven days allowed under the Distance Selling Regulations or if you only cancel part of your order.
You can cancel this contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right to do so within seven working days after the day on which you receive the products.
If you wish to cancel your order, please follow the procedure set out in our Returns Policy.
REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY
If you feel the products you have received from Chocolate Boutique do not meet your expectations, you are welcome to return any item in its original condition within 14 days from dispatch date for an exchange or refund.
If you return items due to a defect in goods or incomplete or incorrect delivery we will pay for the cost of returning goods and offer a full refund or exchange.
If you return items for reasons other than defects in the goods, or incomplete or incorrect delivery, you will be required to arrange and pay for the return of the items to us. Items must be returned to us with a Chocolate Boutique proof of purchase. Items must be returned unused, in perfect condition and in the original packaging.
Until your returned items have been received by us, you are responsible for their safe keeping and taking reasonable care of them. We do not accept liability for packages lost or damaged during transit back to us. It is your responsibility to wrap items adequately to prevent damage.
REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY IN STORE
For items bought in our retail store we are happy to offer an exchange on unsuitable goods for items of the same value or gift vouchers, provided that they are returned with proof of purchase within 14 days. We do not exchange reduced or sale items.
Chocolate Boutique is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and will not pass on your personal credit or debit card details to any third party.
We will never ask for personal details via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your chocolateboutique.me.uk log in details, please contact our Customer Service team immediately.
We at Chocolate Boutique feel that it is important for you to able to shop online with confidence so we have tried to create a secure transaction environment using Barclaycard merchant services, This is in addition to the protection afforded you by your cardholder to prevent fraudulent use of the card in a “card not present” environment.
We will never pass on your email address on to a third party for marketing purposes. We also never pass on credit card details to anyone.
The only circumstances where we may share some of your data with others are:
With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Barclays Merchant Services in UK), fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function
Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the description, specification and colours are correct at the time of issue, we cannot be responsible for slight variations.
All the prices are correct at time of issue and are given in £ sterling. We reserve the right to change them. The prices shown have no hidden extras such as tax, delivery and insurance. These components are identified and added to your Shopping Basket.
Should you have any reason to complain, please contact us on 07591052979 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving the following information:
Reason for complaint
Date of Purchase
Till receipt number or order number.
And we will get back to you as soon as possible.
All the information is given in good faith and is current at the time of distribution. Your Statutory Rights are not affected.
We do not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and/or omissions contained in our website and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services at any time and without notice.
If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect price. In the event that you order an item and the price published on chocolateboutique.me.uk is incorrect for any reason, we will email you to inform you that we have not accepted your order, and that your order has been cancelled. You will be advised of the correct price of the subject product. You may re-order it if you wish. If you have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount within 30 days of the date of order. Should you choose to re-order at the correct price, a separate transaction will be posted to your credit card.
We have taken every measure to prevent Internet fraud and ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers.
We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
We reserve the right to refuse to supply any individual or company. The supplier of the goods shown on the website is:Chocolate Boutique Ltd
19 High Street
HP27 0AE Company Registration 07402330
VAT Registration GB 121081566
All material, including pictures and copy in the content of chocolateboutique.me.uk web pages are subject to the copyright ownership of Chocolate Boutique Ltd.
In accessing chocolateboutique.me.uk web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of the chocolateboutique.me.uk web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of Chocolate Boutique Ltd